As babies go through the teething process, they experience discomfort and pain due to the emergence of their first set of teeth. This can be a challenging time for both babies and parents alike. Thankfully, teethers provide soothing relief and comfort to little ones by massaging their gums and providing something safe to chew on. In this blog, we will explore the different types of teethers available, highlighting their features, benefits, and considerations to help you choose the best teether for your precious bundle of joy.
Silicone teethers are a popular choice due to their soft and flexible texture. They are made of food-grade silicone, which is safe and durable. These teethers come in various shapes and designs, including ones resembling fruits, animals, or simple rings. Silicone teethers are easy to clean, and their coolness provides soothing relief to sore gums when chilled in the refrigerator.
- Soft and gentle on gums
- BPA-free and non-toxic
- Easy to clean and maintain hygiene
- Versatile shapes and designs
- Regularly inspect for any signs of wear and tear
- Avoid using if there are visible cracks or damage
Rubber teethers, often made from natural rubber or latex, are a popular choice among parents who prefer organic and eco-friendly options. These teethers are soft and provide a satisfying chewing experience for babies. Natural rubber teethers are free from harmful chemicals, making them a safe choice for teething infants.
- Gentle on gums and teeth
- Free from synthetic materials and chemicals
- Environmentally friendly
- Soft and malleable texture
- Check for any latex allergies before use
- Regularly clean and air dry to prevent mold growth
Water-filled teethers are typically made from a safe, sealed plastic material with a hollow center that can be filled with water or gel. These teethers can be chilled in the refrigerator, providing cooling relief to tender gums. The soft texture and the movement of water or gel inside the teether offer a unique sensory experience for babies.
- Soothing coolness helps alleviate teething discomfort
- Lightweight and easy for babies to hold
- Provides a tactile and visual stimulation
- Safe and non-toxic materials
- Regularly check for leaks or cracks
- Avoid freezing the teether as it may damage the plastic or gel inside
Wooden teethers have gained popularity among parents seeking natural and eco-friendly options. These teethers are typically made from sustainably sourced wood and finished with non-toxic coatings, such as organic beeswax or food-grade oils. Wooden teethers offer a firm and satisfying chewing surface, promoting jaw strength and muscle development.
- Natural and chemical-free option
- Durable and long-lasting
- Different textures for sensory stimulation
- Promotes oral motor skills
- Ensure the wood is smooth and splinter-free
- Regularly inspect for any signs of damage or loose parts
Teething can be a challenging phase for both babies and parents, but the right teether can make a world of difference.
Our Calmshops personalised teethers are made with food grade silicone and smooth surface wooden rings, providing not only a great pain relief for your baby's gums, but also being a cute and popular accessory.